Retreat at Lake Atitlan, one of the world’s most beautiful lakes, surrounded by lush flora and fauna, colorful Mayan villages and three volcanoes.
Here are eight great reasons for us to create the time and space in our lives for retreat, whether it be a single morning of silence in our own backyard or a week of yoga in Guatemala:
- Unplug from devices and reconnect with the simple perfection of this one wild and precious life, right here and now
- Deepen our formal and informal practices of yoga and meditation
- Connect with the glory of nature and the elements of earth, fire, water, sky and space
- Be empowered by group energy to cultivate with greater discipline and focus
- Do our own inner work for the benefit of all beings without exception
- Learn more about our mind’s habit-patterns and escapes
- Forge bonds with new spiritual friends through laughter, tears, sharing stories
- Devote our time, money and energy to holistic healing and self-love
I’m thrilled to announce the following group retreats for the 2017 rainy season —
3-Day/2-Night Weekend Retreats
June 3-5 ~ Wellness Weekend @ La K’zona (Saturday to Monday)
June 23-25 ~ Seven Sacred Directions @ Villa Sumaya
July 7-9 ~ Writing Down the Chakras @ Villa Sumaya
July 21-23 ~ The Path of Beauty @ Villa Sumaya
August 5-7 ~ Seven Sacred Directions @ La K’zona (Saturday to Monday)
August 18-20 ~ Writing Down the Chakras @ Villa Sumaya
September 1-3 ~ Seven Sacred Directions @ Villa Sumaya
Wellness Weekend: Chakra Yoga, Art & Cooking ~
Workshops will cover mindful eating, walking meditation, chakra basics, creative practice (writing, visual art, music, etc), incorporating seeds, nuts, ferments, preparing easy, minimally-processed, highly-nutritious and delicious dishes, making sprouts, growing greens/radishes & making delicious green smoothies.
Seven Sacred Directions: Yoga, Ceremony & Celebration ~
We’ll be practicing yoga with a focus on the 7 chakras and 7 sacred directions, celebrating and reflecting with a cacao ceremony and a fire ceremony.
Writing Down the Chakras: Yoga, Meditation & Journaling ~
This will be a weekend to practice conscious being, breathing, moving, relating, expressing, and creating. We will share in the group practices of yoga, mindfulness, meditation, writing and also allow plenty of time for reflection and integration.
Friday arrive & settle in / 4:30 opening circle / 6:30 dinner
Saturday 7:30 tea & fruit / 8am yoga / 9:30 breakfast / 11:00 workshop or ceremony / 1:00 lunch, free time / 4:30 learning circle and practice / 6:30 dinner
Sunday 7:30 tea & fruit / 8:00 closing circle & fire ceremony / 10:30 brunch
To get more info or join one of these sacred circles, please write to Michelle via yogafreedom at gmail dot com!