Welcome to EnlightenEd.
Whether you are an educator, parent, student, entrepreneur, artist, business person, buddhist, atheist or go by some other label, we are all here to learn.
We started this site in hopes of creating learning experiences that can be used in classrooms and extend beyond the four walls of a classroom but more importantly, we aim to reach deep within the learner in you, regardless of your learning environment, how far along you are in the course of life or what you do (or will do) for an income.
As for the name EnlightenEd — we are not claiming to be enlightened (or anywhere near). We aren’t promising you enlightenment or asking you to follow us on a spiritual journey either. We are offering resources in conscious learning and an opportunity to connect and collaborate within a community of others who long and live to learn.
Other than that, we aren’t really sure what EnlightenEd will become. We have some ideas (a lot of them) but we intend on letting EnlightenEd take shape and grow naturally based on what it feels the need to express while staying open to feedback from others and the environment. After all, isn’t that what learning is?
So what is conscious learning?
There is nothing new age or esoteric about it. To us, conscious learning simply means being aware of what learning is, including some of the how we learn (though our minds are far too complex for any of us to ever truly understand), but mostly, why we learn. The why will determine the what and the how…
So, why do we learn? Why do you learn?
Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment and/or brainstorm within a group or class. Remember, the aim is to describe – not define – learning because it is an ongoing process that we each experience in our own way.
- Conscious Learning, Conscious Teaching
- School’s Out Forever!
- Learning: A Lifelong Process
- What if the teacher was life?
- Everyday Enlightenment: Mindfulness & Compassionate Action
- Learning, Old and New Stories
- Michelle’s Story of Learning: I Remember…
- Kat’s Story of Learning: I Remember…
- You Are Your Own Teacher
- There is no such thing as failure.
- Common Sense & Education
- Learn to Fail
- 8 Ways to Raise our Collective & Individual Consciousness
- On the Subject of Subjects
- Everyone has special needs.
- From objects to subjects.
- Enlightenment is always available & attainable.
- Measuring Intelligence
- How Mainstream Schooling Burns Teachers Out
- We Are Intelligence
- Working Hard or Hardly Working?
- A Space for Learning