This playlist will rock your root chakra!
Please share your favorite root chakra song in a comment, if so inspired.
1. Ganesh is Fresh by MC Yogi
According to the Vedic texts of ancient Hinduism, Ganesh the Elephant God is the ruler of muladhara (“root”) chakra. This fabulous tune for an upbeat yoga practice tells Ganesh’s life story.
2. I Will Survive by Cake
Of course, you could go for the original Gloria Gaynor disco version.
3. Flaming Red by Patti Griffith
The root chakra’s color is flaming red.
4. A Day in the Life by The Beatles
He blew his mind out in a car… he didn’t notice that the lights had changed.
5. Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
6. She’s 22 by Norah Jones
Her boyfriend cheats on her with a 22 year old, and she writes a hit album. Gotta love Norah Jones!
7. Never Enough by The Cure
8. Elephant Power by MC Yogi
Yes, he made the list twice. With a name like MC Yogi, it has to be good.
9. Human Nature by Michael Jackson
10. Todo Cambia by Mercedes Sosa
11. What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Bonus: The entire Radiohead album, King of Limbs, is very root chakra-y. Enjoy!