16 All-Time Favorite Love Songs
I used to play old Beatles records on my parents’ record player. And Thriller. I loved the photo of Michael Jackson with the baby tiger.
I used to make mix tapes.
Then, from 2005 to 2011, I made mix CDs for my friends and family for Christmas. I abandoned the practice in 2012, due to living abroad where the postal service is not too reliable and the advent of digital music technology. Although I definitely appreciate iTunes, my iPad mini, and other online music services such as Pandora, I must say it is sad to think of vinyl records becoming extinct.
I got married on July 19. We didn’t have a wedding, but if we had, I would have played these songs at the reception.
1. At Last by Etta James
She will bring me to tears.
2. All You Need Is Love by The Beatles
There nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be. It’s easy…
3. Cirandar by Seu Jorge and Almaz
Our daughter’s middle name is Ciranda because of this song. Jade Ciranda was born on January 6, 2013.
4. The Lovecats by The Cure
Love. Cats. Let’s dance!
5. Jesus, Etc. by Norah Jones
6. The Best of What’s Around by Dave Matthews Band
For old times’ sake.
7. You Can’t Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones
If you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.
8. I Feel Good by James Brown
9. Dancing Machine by The Jackson Five
10. Rock With You by Michael Jackson
Relax your mind.
11. Hey Jude by The Beatles
I change Jude to Jade and sing it to the baby.
12. Could You Be Loved, Bob Marley and the Wailers
13. Don’t Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas) by Regina Spektor
14. Let’s Stay Together by Al Green
15. Me Gustas Tu by Manu Chao
Me gusta Guatemala!
16. Love by John Lennon
Love is real; real is love.